Essex County Parks and Recreation in partnership with Essex County Public Schools is offering a structured after school enrichment program. The purpose of the program is to enhance learning and provide a safe and secure environment where each child can reach their individual potential. The students bring a snack, do their homework, and then play games. Staff is there to help the children with their homework if they need it. The program is held at the Tappahannock Elementary School throughout most of the school year. The cost is $40.00 per week and runs from after school (3:15) until 6:00 pm.
After School Program
- After School Program at Tappahannock Elementary School will begin on August 30 ,2021 and runs until May 2022. (we will operate as long as the students are in school).
- After School Enrichment is open for grades K-7th. Middle school students are transported by E.C.P.S. transportation to T.E.S.
- Hours are 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Monday through Friday.
- Parents must pickup their child at TES by 6:00 pm or pay a late fee. There will be a $1.00 per minute charge for pickup after 6:00 pm.
- The program is administered by certified teachers and E.C.P.R. staff.
- The After School Program will include homework, special activities and supervised recreation.
- Parents are responsible for after school snack and transportation home.
- Fee is $40 per week. NO partial weeks.
- The fee must be paid prior to the week the child is attending to guarantee a spot, registration will end the Friday before the new week starts on Monday.
- There is NO After School Program when schools are closed or When there is early dismissal.
Additional Forms and Files: